About the Student Advocate
- Listening to the needs and concerns of students.
- Educating students on university policies and procedures.
- Communicating with students to assist them in devising a solution or strategy to their problem or finding alternatives.
- Gathering information and making inquires in cooperation with the student.
- Referring students to the appropriate office or person both on and off-campus or contact the office or person on the student's behalf.
- Following up with the student to be sure the situation is resolved, the question answered, or they have made the necessary contact.
The vision of the Student Advocate is to empower all students to advocate for themselves.
The mission of the Student Advocate is to help students solve problems by offering objective consultation, promoting self advocacy, and providing information on campus and community resources.
To achieve this vision, the Student Advocate commits itself to:
- Empower students to advocate for themselves
- Foster citizenship within the campus community
- Equip students with information about the university's policies and procedures
- Provide a clearinghouse of resources to support students
- Offer outreach efforts to educate students, staff, faculty, and community partners about the role of the Student Advocate
To advance the mission, vision, and goals of the Student Advocate, we believe in:
- Personal responsibility